Friday, October 22, 2010

Top Ten Books I am dying to read



Ok, I figure I need to do a segment every month on the top ten books-print and e-books-I am dying to read. I have such an extensive list that it is hard to round it to ten so please forgive me if I don't mention your book, authors. I would be here till doomsday and then some. *grins* Now onto book goodness.....

*~*~*~*
10) Tangled Threads by Jennifer Estep (Book 3 in Elemental Assassin Series)
Release date: April 26th, 2011
Available for pre-order at Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy


I just got Venom and need my Gin fix. I so can not wait to see what happens next to this retired assassin and her crazy cast of friends/family.
*~*~*~*~*

9) Trust Me If You Dare by L. B. Gregg (Book 2 in Romano & Albright series)
Release date: December 2010 from Samhain Publishing
Genre: M/M Mystery


I loved, loved, loved Catch Me If You Can and can not wait for this one. I need my Romano & Albright fix desperately. Besides who doesn't like a hot, sexy M/M Mystery/suspense to keep you enthralled? I know I do.

*~*~*~*~*

8) Hunger by Jackie Kessler (Book 1 in Eternal Riders YA Series)
Release date: October 2010
Available at Amazon
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy


I got to admit, I have heard nothing but good things about this newest series from Ms. Kessler and just have to read it. Maybe Sanata will be good and bring it to me for Christmas? *Pleading Gaze*

*~*~*~*~*~*

7) Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Chronicles of Nick/Dark Hunter Series YA)
Release date: February 2011. Available at Amazon for pre-release
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy


I so need my Nick fix it isn't funny. Who knew Nick and the Dark Hunters were so amusing when he was a teenager? I am counting down the time till this comes out and I got my daughter hooked on Infinity, the first book so that she now asks when the second one is out. :)

*~*~*~*~*

6) The Sworn by Gail Z. Martin (The Fallen Kings Cycle Book 1)
Continuation of the Chronicles of the Necromancer Series
Release date: January 2011. Available for Pre-release at Amazon
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure


When I first picked up the first book in the Chronicles of the Necromancer, Summoner, I literally fell in love with this author's writing and her cast of characters. If you  enjoy fantasy with a bit of adventure, mystery and romance, then I highly recommend this series. I am eager to grab this with my holiday gift cards in early January. *grins*

*~*~*~*~*

5) Master of the Abyss by Cherise Sinclair (Master of the Mountain Book 2)
Release date: October 26th, 2010
Available for Pre-order at Loose Id  Publishing
Genre: BDSM Suspense


I read the first book, Master of the Mountain, and loved it. I was thrilled to see Master Jake get his story told and Cherise Sinclair is a talented writer. If you haven't tried out her books, I highly recommend you do. Sensual, entertaining and delightful. Need I say more?

*~*~*~*~*

4) Men In Space Anthology (Three M/M Sci-fi Adventures)
Release date: November 2nd, 2010
 Samhain Publishing
Genre: M/M Sci-Fi/Futuristic Romance


I loved these in ebook format and was thrilled to see them all together in one print volume. Manlove in space....who could ask for anything better?

*~*~*~*~*

3) Pale Demon by Kim Harrison (The Hollows Series Book 9)
Release date: February 11th, 2010
Available for pre-order at Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy


The next Hollows book is almost here and I am anxious to see what mischief Rachel, Jenks, Ivy and all their friends get into next. 

*~*~*~*~*

2) Harvest  Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn (Book 8 in Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon Series)
Release date: October 26th, 2010
Available for pre-order at Amazon
Genre: Urban Fantasy


I love this series. Ms. Galenorn has a great writing style that keeps the reader glued to their seats and eager for  more when the last page is read.

*~*~*~*~*
And Number One is........

Truthseeker by C. E. Murphy (Book 1 in Worldwalker Duology)
Available now and at Amazon
Genre: Fantasy


I love C. E. Murphy's writing and was thrilled to see a new book out from her. This is the first book in a new duology series. It looks just as good as her other books and I am hinting rather loudly to DH on this one for Christmas.

*~*~*~*~*

Well this was just a taste of what I am looking forward to reading. Any you want to recommend?





5 comments:

Tara Nina said...

I'd love to make your top ten list someday :0
I've got a new release with Ellora's Cave today
called Night Prey. If you like the Regency Era and
hungered for a shapeshifter set in that time period,
then Night Prey's your book.
Dawn if you contact me at tara@taranina.com, I'll send you a free e-book and hopefully gain a new fan.
Thanks,
Tara Nina
Hot Romance~Sexy Attitude
www.taranina.com

Shirin Dubbin said...

We've got very similar tastes in books. Hunger and Truth Seeker are calling to me too. I've been meaning to try Book 1 of the Elemental Assassin Series. From your description I need to hurry up and get started.

Have you read the Kate Daniels Series by Illona Andrews or The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning? Both are faves of mine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and Shirin,

Thanks for popping by.

Tara-I will definitely take a look at the new book. I am always on the look out for new authors to explore. :)

Shirin- Oh gods....if you enjoy kick butt heroines with attitude, then the Elemental series is perfect. I love KMM's Fever series. I am only on book 2 of it and can not wait to read the rest. I think I read the first two books of Ms. Andrews series but didn't get into it. Could have been I had so many books calling to me, my mind was torn on what to enjoy. LOL

Will have to check her out again I think.

Dawn

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Hi Dawn-
I have to admit I stopped by just cuz of the hot guy at the the top of your post, lol! When I saw him in my blog reader, I had to check it out.

Your list is interesting - need to read more about some of these books!

Happy Reading-
KatieO
UNFOLDING THE SHADOWS, available from Cerridwen Press
PERFECT STRANGERS, coming 11/1 from Moongypsy Press

Anonymous said...

*pumps fist in air*

I knew it...half naked guy brings them in. WOO HOO!!! Now I need to get more.......*grins*

Thanks for popping by Katie.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...